Job Vacancy: Emirates Wolgan Valley Seek Groundsperson
Emirates Wolgan Valley Seek Groundsperson
Blue Mountains & Central West
“From the outset, we have always strived to deliver a unique, world-class Australian experience. From our commitment to conservation, thoughtful architecture and understated design to supporting local producers, it is clear our ethos has resonated with guests and we’re humbled by the glowing reviews on TripAdvisor,”
- General Manager Joost Heymeijer on winning TripAdvisor Hotel and Luxury Hotel of the Year 2013.
A scenic three-hour drive from Sydney, Emirates Wolgan Valley Resort & Spa is located in the greater Blue Mountains World Heritage Area. The resort forms the centrepiece for unique experiences and insights into Australia’s wildlife, history and cultural heritage.
The resort occupies just two per cent of a 4,000-acre conservancy reserve.
This secluded resort features 40 individual suites surrounded by wide, private verandahs, each with its own indoor / outdoor swimming pool, separate living and bedroom areas, separate walk-in wardrobe, luxurious en-suite bathroom and double-sided fireplace.
The resort is a proud member of Leading Hotels of the World, the world’s largest luxury hospitality organisation, representing more than 450 of the finest hotels, resorts and spas.
- 2013 - Smith Hotel Awards, runner-up in the Eco Award category
- 2013 - Travel + Leisure Global Vision Awards, winner in the category of Sustainability
- 2013 - Hotel Management (HM Awards), Best Regional Hotel, Best Australian Lodge, Best Environmental Program
- 2013 - TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice Awards, Top Hotel and Top Luxury Hotel in Australia
- 2012 - Australian Hotels Association (AHA) National Awards for Excellence, Best Environmental Initiative
- 2012 - Hotel Management (HM Awards), Best Regional Hotel/Resort, Best Australian Lodge, Best Hotel Engineer- Mario Castillo, Best Environmental Programme
- 2012 - Condé Nast Traveller World Savers Awards - Winner, Preservation Category
- 2012 - Tourism Accommodation Australia (NSW) Awards for Excellence - Best Environment Initiative and Health Club & Spa Facilities of the Year
- 2012 - Australian Federation of Travel Agents (AFTA) National Travel Industry Award (NTIA) for Best Australian Hotel/Resort
- 2012 - Grand Award winner in Andrew Harper's Hideaway Report. Additionally, Special Recognition given to Joost Heymeijer, General Manager of Emirates Wolgan Valley Resort & Spa, as “Manager of the Year”
- Excellent staff facilities (single accommodation in 4 bedroom apartments)
- Staff pool/gym/multi sport court
- Free 3 meals per day
- Free wifi throughout staff village
- Outstanding staff benefits for all Emirates employees
- Onsite apartment (if required) AUD40per week inclusive utilities
Employees must have the legal right to live and work in Australia. The Company will not provide or assist with obtaining work permits.
To maintain the resort precincts ensuring that the gardens and grounds presented to guests and staff are to the highest standards
• A diploma or certificate in Horticulture or other relevant course of Study.
• At least 2 years experience working in a horticultural field.
• A thorough knowledge of hand and powered gardening and farm tools is required.
• A good knowledgeof Native Plants and their propagation.
• Must have Knowledge of in ground watering systems and the maintenance of small motors and equipment.
• Candidates must have a valid driving licence.
Working in a remote location isn't for everyone. Please take a look at our Living and Working Guide to gain an understanding of working at Wolgan Valley - http://tiny.cc/WelcomeGuide
For more information about your career with Emirates please click here
which will take you through to the Emirates Group Careers Website.