The Metropolitan Golf Club, one of the premier clubs in Australia and located on Victoria's famed Sandbelt, is looking for Horticulturalist/Gardner to join their golf course maintenance team.
A host of many major golf tournaments, including seven Australian Open's, this outstanding tournament venue, with a contemporary $16 million Clubhouse, provides a modern, progressive and interesting environment to learn and work.
Established in 1901, the Club has a proud and long history and is excited about future capital projects that will see a further enhancement of its golf course. Works have already commenced, and will continue for the next 3-5 years, which includes the enhancement of many of the out-of-play areas with native vegetation.
Applicants must have a very keen interest in both maintaining gardens to the highest standard and a knowledge of indigenous plants and plantations in the Sandbelt environment. The position will include working within the plantations and trees on the golf.
The stand out applicant will have:
- Relevant Qualifications in Horticulture
- Minimum 4 years' experience in a Horticultural role
- Proven ability to maintain gardens in the highest quality
- Knowledge of plant/seed collection, propagation and transplanting
- Chemical Spray certification would be advantageous
- Previous experience operating small maintenance machinery
- Understanding of OH&S and environmental requirements of a garden/golf course in a suburban setting
- Excellent communication skills
- Current Australian driver's licence
Personal qualities such as a strong work ethic, team orientated, highly motivated, courteous nature, adaptable to different circumstances and an eye for detail will be highly considered.
The successful applicant will be trained in all aspects of horticulture and have the necessary interest and personal qualities required of the role.
The successful applicant will receive a competitive salary commensurate with experience, along with the ability to earn overtime. Meals and parking are also included. More importantly, you would receive a strong commitment to your ongoing education and growth. This is a tremendous opportunity for a self-motivated person who enjoys working in a team environment.
Written applications should be addressed to:
The Metropolitan Golf Club
Lot 5 Guest Road, Oakleigh South 3167